This position can be project-based, part-time or full-time based on your interests and our needs.
We’re looking for a Security or Cryptography Researcher & Engineer to join our team. You could be a software engineer, computer scientist, or mathematician who is interested in doing security research and engineering for advanced applied cryptography, especially with distributed systems. This position will work with our Security Consulting team on projects ranging from blockchain protocols to data management to zero-knowledge proofs. It involves analyzing designs, specifications and codebases, along with documenting findings, providing recommendations, and communicating with consulting clients. Research will use the latest security best practices, knowledge of advancements in related fields and previous experience / findings.
The ideal person for this role has interest in some of the following areas:
- Distributed & decentralized technologies
- Applied & advanced cryptography, like Zero-Knowledge Proofs
- Blockchain, cryptocurrency and Web 3.0 systems
- Open source software and development practices
- Security research and knowledge sharing to advance best practices
- Adversarial scenarios, attack vectors and threat modeling
- Privacy Enhancing Tech and secure communications tools
- A deep understanding of at least one coding language, with a drive to learn additional ones, including but not limited to: Go, Rust, Haskell, Solidity, Michelson, C++
Learn more about our security consulting work by browsing our published reports.